Monday, October 15, 2007

blue barracudas

I am astounded by how often the following things come up in casual conversation:

1) Dunkaroos
2) "Legends of the Hidden Temple"
3) L.A. Lights sneakers
4) Gushers
5) Tamagotchis
6) "Clarissa Explains It All"
7) Oregon Trail

And it's always the same inane set up, too.

"Oh my god, do you guys remember 'Legends of the Hidden Temple'?"

People nod and laugh, oddly enthusiastically.

"Yeah, totally! I was so obsessed with that show. I used to watch it every night."

4 comments:

CT said...

2 of those things came up in my conversations today!

Donnell said...

90s Nickelodeon is basically the only thing all my friends from home have in common.

CLG said...

all things considered, I think its pretty OK that every item there listed peaked in importance and coolness in 1996--a mere 11 years ago.

Anonymous said...

oregon trail is the best conversation starter i know. which is also why the 'i tried to ford the river and my fucking oxen died', as well as other take-offs on the game, are brilliant and hilarious