Tuesday, February 5, 2008

articles of clothing that people wear but that just never look right

1) headbands on girls - Hate to break it to you, babe, but real life is not an episode of "Gossip Girl" and you are not Serena van der Woodsen.

2) bright-colored pants on guys - People will say things to you like "Oh, nice pants, Paul!" or "Yeah, man, rocking the bright green pants. . . I like!" They are just trying to be nice. You look weird.

3) gloves without fingertips - Where are the fingertips?!?!? This bothers me to no end. You will be talking to me about something but I will not be listening. I will be thinking about how your gloves do not have fingertips.

4) newsboy caps - So hip that they are not hip.

5) jeans with tears in them - Half of my jeans have tears in them. I do not know why. (Typically the tears are in the vicinity of the left knee. Again, do not know why.) When I wear jeans with tears in them, I feel like an 8th-grade dorkboy who shops at Pacific Sunwear and sneaks into R-rated movies. This is not a particularly great feeling.

6 comments:

emilyannexcore said...

socks sticking out over the tops of boots.

Anonymous said...

do u watch gossip girl?

ALB said...

THE PERSONAL ATTACKS HAVE TO STOP. I OWN AND WEAR MANY HEADBANDS. MANY!

Anonymous said...

the gloves with holes are pretty good for playing an instrument in cold weather that cannot be played with regular gloves (instruments with holes)

Chris said...

why do you still wear your jeans, then?

Anonymous said...

and fat girls who wear low rise jeans. if they would just buy pants with a higher rise than they tuck in their fat.