Wednesday, March 31, 2010

kutub and me

So I had heard some chatter about this new Domino's "Tracker" online applet, where you can "follow" your pizza from its origin to its arrival at your door... and thought it sounded kind of ridiculous. Not to mention transparent after that whole Domino's Employees Spit In Pizza YouTube fiasco. Like, since you now all think we do gross stuff to your pizzas, we will distract you with this super fancy and sleek online tracker!

Well guess the joke is on me, if you will, since - after getting a taste of this tracker for the first time - I will now be ordering Domino's for dinner every night for the rest of time. Roommate Amanda and I got hungry late Saturday night and since we are lazy and undiscriminating, we decided to order from Domino's (it can be exhausting living a life filled with this much glamour, to be honest). After entering our order (half pineapple/chicken, half mushrooms/olives -
can you guess which half was mine?!?!?) and submitting our address, this tracker made its first appearance in my life and I was immediately HOOKED, like even more hooked than when you hopelessly fall into a late-night Hilary Duff music video YouTube vortex.

I literally just sat in front of my laptop, eyes fixed on the tracker, as "Kutub" prepped our pizza and then placed it in the oven.
Kutub! Just his name was sort of giving me palpitations. I was imagining a smurf-like hobbit wearing a cute hat while making my pizza in some sort of factory made out of Legos. What was Kutub thinking about right now, I wondered? What kind of music was he listening to? Does his boss call him "Tub" for short? Suddenly though, post-Step 4 ("Quality Check"... LOL, riiiight?), "Abdul" took the reigns from Kutub: "Abdul has left with your pizza," the tracker notified me. "It's coming!" I shouted to Amanda, kind of short of breath...? And sure enough, five minutes later, the buzzer rang.

"Abdul!" I exclaimed after opening the door, in the same way as when you finally meet your friend's new boyfriend after seeing his picture a million times. He smiled uncomfortably, which I took as an indication he is having trouble dealing with the fame. "Nineteen dollars," he said, bringing me back down to earth.

"I wonder if Kutub has a tracker
on his laptop that says 'Josh is now eating your pizza,'" I thought later, as I stuffed Cinnastix down my throat. Though I could see him not really being that interested in the tracker, and switching tabs to get back to Facebook.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahah... KUTUB!

Kate said...

i 100% agree. it's amazing. AND they have no delivery minimum, so i can order cheesy bread sticks and nothing else guilt free. i'm in love.

Anonymous said...

i just googled "kutub dominos" after i saw his name on the tracker and this search result came up. hilarious.